Monday, July 19, 2010

All glories to Aindra Prabhu !!!

As I heard of the disappearance of His Grace Aindra Prabhu, so many thoughts flooded through my mind. Reading through the offerings of his various godbrotheers, was so touching and reiterated my own thoughts about Aindra Prabhu !
Ever since the first time I heard Vrindavan mellows, Aindra prabhu's style has defined kirtan for me, although I did realize that there was no scope for me to sing like him - neither by way of singing ability, nor by way of bhakthi. However, he has continued to inspire me over the years and the 7 days I spent in Vrindavan and listening to his kirtan everyday will forever remain etched in my memory.
Aindra prabhu has influenced people around the world with his wonderful kirtan. I remember the good old days when myself, Padmanabh Nitai, Pradyumna Krsna, Debarshi Gauranga and others sitting in the ashram deity room with our harmonium, kartal and mrdanga and singing Aindra prabhu's tunes for hours together. Most of my kirtan memories are connected with Aindra Prabhu one way or the other. Prabhu has left, but his kirtan remains !!! So many more will hear him and continue to drive inspiration....
Aindra prabhu ki jai !!!

No comments: