Friday, June 25, 2010

The durlabha darsan of Lord Guruvayurappan on Pandava Nirjala Ekadasi day !!!

It was Pandava Nirjala Ekadasi on 22 June. As is my normal routine, I went to the temple in the morning. Entering through the West Nada, I circumambulated and reached the front entrance. From the kodi maram (flagpole) nothing much was visible. I peeped through the main outer entrance and found a looooooooong line, again, as usual. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t take darsan, but consoled myself with my usual motto – even if I cannot see Guruvayurappan, He can see me, so I present myself in front of the kodi maram every single day I am in Guruvayur.

Being Ekadasi day, I went again in the evening at around 6:15. The deepaaraadhana (arati) is normally at around 6:30 and will attract a huge crowd normally. As I reached the front entrance, lo and behold !!! No crowd, they are allowing persons to enter the queue from inside only !!! I seized the opportunity without delay and jumped into the queue. The queue normally moves in two files. Interestingly, the line that I got into was moving was moving at a snail’s pace. I was chanting my rounds and waiting patiently even as the other line kept moving. It took me a few minutes to understand that some smart devotee was slowing things up front to be able to watch the arati, but it didn’t last too long. The temple staff pushed us ahead and practically pushed me in front. Just as I got there, the doors closed for worship !!! It meant only one thing… I was going to watch the arati !!! Somehow the Lord had arranged for me to have His darshan…. It was a blissful few minutes as I watched the Lord being worshipped by ghee lamp and camphor lamp. One more instance of sweet reciprocation from the Lord. Sree Guruvayurappan ki jai !!!

No comments: